Friday, June 24, 2011

Day Twenty Three

Today I rode a measley 32 miles from Easley, MO to New Franklin, MO.

I got the chance to do a bit of hiking today. I'd been looking at the bluffs all morning, wanting to get a view from the top. So, when I passed a sign for a scenic lookout, I couldn't pass it up, especially since I'm in no rush for a few days. It was a short 5 minute (if that) walk, but the view was pretty amazing. There was a nice old lady at the top who I chatted with for a while. She offered to take my picture and email it to me, which was peculiar since I was holding my camera. I suggested she just take it on mind, and while she was a bit flustered about the LCD screen, she did just fine.

It was really windy today, and pretty cool, especially for Missouri this time of year so I hear. I didn't push to hard, and went pretty slowly. I got lunch at a gas station. Mediocrity at it's best.

I eventually came to this campground, Katy Roundhouse. It wasn't nearly as far as I'd wanted to go, but it was only 6$ for the night, with a shower. So I decided to just crash here.

I got hotdogs and beans and tea and apples and had quite a feast for dinner. It felt good to cook for myself, even though it was only over a fire. You take what you can get around here. So then I charged the phone and camera, took a shower, and am in bed. For those that are interested, the beard is great. Here's a teaser:


Tomorrow: Windsor, MO (Still on the Katy Trail.)

No comments:

Post a Comment