Friday, June 24, 2011

Day Twenty Four

Today went about as well as it possibly could have. It was sunny, high 70s to low 80s, with no wind. I rode 62 miles from New Franklin, MO to Windsor, MO.

Nothing really eventful happened on the ride. I guess I met two women this morning who were pumped about riding 26 miles to Pilot Grove. They said I was belittling their accomplishment with mine (they were joking, clearly.) I ate lunch in Sedalia at a great little cafe. I sat at the bar and chatted with the owner.

Oh yeah, I hit what we decided was our halfway mark. 1700 miles. Pretty cool. I wish Jason were here to enjoy it.


I'm camping in this town park where they have a handful of campsites. It's a nice place. There was a Sonic right down the road, so I had that for the first time. I was underwhelmed. It's really pretty standard fast food.

When I got back, it was still really early, and I was board, so I decided to clean my bike. It now looks brand new. I even cleaned all the junk out of the cassette, and relubed the chain. I'm good to go now.

I talked to Jason a few minutes ago. His uncle passed today. My thoughts are with him and his family. The funeral is Tuesday morning, so he should be back out Tuesday night, or Wednesday. We'll be back on the road together in no time.

Tomorrow: Harrisonville, MO, which I'll call home for a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment