Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day Twenty Five

Today was okay. I rode 57 miles from Windsor, MO to Harrisonville, MO.

I woke up to a cloudy sky. By the time I was packed and ready to go, it was raining, and by two minutes down the road, it was pouring. No worries though, I actually enjoy riding in the rain. The only downside at that point was that I was on the trail, which is dirt, so my newly cleaned bike got a fresh coat of mud on it. Oh well, I'll just wash it again.

It got bad when the thunder and lighting came. Normally I'm not really to intimidated by storms, but this one really was on top of me. Luckily I came to a bridge, so I took shelter there. It was crazy for about 20 minutes. I saw a strike about 300 yards away. I've never heard thunder so loud. Luckily, weather passes by quickly out here, and so it was relatively clear in no time.

I finished the Katy Trail, going down to Clinton. It was actually out of my way to go to Clinton, but 1) I wanted to finish the trail and 2) I was afraid of hitting dirt roads taking another route. I made it to Harrisonville, MO around 3 and checked into my motel. It's okay here. I ordered pizza so that I didn't have to bike into town, and enjoyed getting to watch some TV.

Tomorrow: A rest (err... waiting) day in Harrisonville, MO.

No comments:

Post a Comment