Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day Sixteen

Today was a rest day in Muncie, IN. The Harvey's are really great. We had an amazing breakfast and lunch, and a big spaghetti dinner. I'm really starting to miss homecooked meals, so it feels spectacular to be cooked for again.

We took a ride into Ball State to get a tour of the university where Dr. Harvey is a professor. They bought us smoothies and bought us each a Ball State t-shirt, which was awesome. After the tour, we did some parts shopping. I got my new rack and some gloves (I think I was starting to do permanent nerve damage to my palm/pinky finger, so hopefully they help.) We're so appreciative of Mrs. Harvey carting us all over town, it would have been a huge pain to try to bike everywhere we needed to go.

We returned home, and I got my new rack put on. It seems a lot sturdier than the original, so hopefully it works out. We were able to just sit and relax and watch TV, which felt amazing.

After dinner we went for a walk around the neighborhood. It was a beautiful night out. I almost wish I had been out riding. Almost.

We came back and got directions for the next week printed out. It's nice to have a whole week planned rather than trying to do it day by day.

So we get one more night in a real bed with nice shower before about 2 weeks of trucking across the Midwest. We've decided to cut south earlier than planned, which will allow us to avoid Colorado altogether and as much of the Rockies as possible. We should be seeing Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico now, which I'm actually pretty excited about.

Tomorrow: Hickory Hills Campground, North Spencer, IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment