Friday, June 3, 2011

Day Three

First of all, sorry that the maps up top aren't working so well. They actually do work very well, but running the app on my phone wrecks the battery and we need the phone for maps more than anything. Hopefully that'll get resolved eventually...

Today was better than the last. 70 miles almost on the dot, from Littleton, MA to Amherst, MA.

We're still dealing with a pretty good headwind, but it died down a little bit for the second half of the day. We've had good luck with the weather otherwise (except that I burnt my shoulders... oh well, at least they match my arms now.)

We're still having good luck with the bags. They only fell off once today when I hit a huge pothole on a big downhill. A minor retaping and I was good to go.

Speaking of big hills, we ran into a HUGE hill off of 202 in Mass. I think that there were about seven turns that we took where the hill just kept going. I walked up the last third of it probably. Ridiculous.

We just had a huge spaghetti dinner, and are hot tubbing now. Perfect.

Day 4: Somewhere between Albany and the NY state boarder.

No comments:

Post a Comment