Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day Forty Six

Today was long, but we finally made it into California. We rode 126 miles from Seligman, AZ to Needles, CA (my odometer's reading 121 miles but it broke for about 5 miles.)

We woke up and got breakfast and were out of the hotel around 10. We stopped for snacks and bought awesome american flag bandanas. Then we hopped back on I-40.

We were on I-40 for about 70 miles. It was okay. About 5 miles from Kingman, Jason got a flat. We found a shard in the tire, and replaced the tube. Then we stopped and ate dinner at Panda Express. When we came outside, the tire was flat again. Luckily, the Wal-Mart was next door. So we walked over and I stripped the tire off while Jason bought tubes. I found two more shards in the tire. Yeah, they were a great purchase.

Then we left for the rest of our day, which was about 50 more miles. It got dark, so we lulled out lights and reflectors. We had a huge climb through what I can imagine would have been really pretty in the daylight. Then we finally got the decent we'd been waiting days for. We dropped about 3500 feet in about twenty or so miles. It was awesome. We could see the city for nearly the whole decent. I'd say it was my favorite stretch or road thus far.

We crossed into California without much of a welcome sign. We stopped at Jack-In-The-Box for a bite to eat, and checked into the Motel 6 at about 12:10. So now it's time to sleep so we can wake up early and go hard again.

Tomorrow: Twenty-Nine Palms, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment